Sunday, June 13, 2021

rain is not my enemy

Rain is not my enemy,
it is not my friend either.
Rain is like that long forgotten memory,
which scathes my wound even deep.
Its like that old friend that tells you,
what happened to your girl back home,
and you sink in deep trenches of dolor.
No, rain is not my friend or foe,
Its just that the sound of each falling 
perfectly round shaped water droplets,
reminds of a piece of me which, 
I left at home.
So, I pray it to rain,
Not because I have disdain for the sun
But I like to scratch my wounds more
So that I keep myself mindful
Of what I once had and now I have not.
But still rain is not my friend 
But I don't hate it either.

7 comments:

  1. Rain is not my friend too,
    Today I got drenched. 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But remember it is nor our enemy either. right?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You support is indispensable. Love you 💓💓

      Delete
  3. بارش میں بھیگنا مُجھے اچّھا لگا بہت
    وہ لمس نرم نرم تمہارا لگا بہت
    ممتاز اقبال

    ReplyDelete

If I stand up and walk

So, what if I stand up and walk right now, What's stopping me? Am I a chained gladiator bound to fight and suffer, And be a means of amu...