Wednesday, May 20, 2020

empty road

I sit down at window 
On a chair.
And I look on the road,
The road is empty as my heart,
It's devoid of any traveller, not a soul.
I see nothing but still I keep eye on it,
For my heart says may you come back.
I look on the road and I see
Gusty winds put up dust
From the sides of the road and circle along,
It makes your figure, a silhouette of dust,
And flows along, towards my window
Like you are coming towards me,
In the form of vortex.
But then I flick my head and
Everything thing vanishes
The wind, you, and the vortex.
I start looking again on the empty street,
A vista through the trees in the sideways,
I look with hope that you'll return.
But deep in my heart I know you never will
Because I know you never did it in the years
So long back that my mind is unapt of counting.
However, I keep this hope in my heart,
And keep imagining you coming on that empty road,
In one form or another,
For it brings me peace and a little time 
To live what we've lived before
When we were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I stand up and walk

So, what if I stand up and walk right now, What's stopping me? Am I a chained gladiator bound to fight and suffer, And be a means of amu...